COVID-19 Testing at SRL Dr. Avinash Phadke Labs
SRL Dr. Avinash Phadke Labs has been authorized by the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) for conducting COVID-19 tests. ICMR COVID-19 Testing Registration No: SRLDAP001
The Charges for COVID-19 PCR test for sample collection at our collection center will be Rs. 2500/- and for Home Visit sample collection will be Rs. 2800/- as directed by the government.
Please note we will be offering the tests via mentioned COVID-19 Collection Centres and Drive Through Locations only. No sample collection will be done at any of our other labs or centers or through home visit facilities. Please note the following documents are mandatory to conduct the COVID-19 test. Samples will not be collected without them.
- Prescription for COVID-19 testing from a certified medical professional in the given MCGM format. Click to Download
- Valid Govt. ID Proof (Adhaar Card, PAN Card, Voter ID, etc.)
- Dully Filled Test Requisition Form (TRF)
Testing Criteria for COVID-19
As per the directive from Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai dated May 12, 2020, testing will be conducted only for patients in the following criteria.
- A. Testing Guidelines for General citizens:
Testing to be undertaken of the General Citizens falling- under following categories:
- All symptomatic persons (fever, cough, difficulty in breathing) within 14 days of international travel.
- All symptomatic contacts of confirmed cases
- All symptomatic health care workers
- All hospitalised patients with Sever Acute Respiratory illness (fever and cough and/or shortness of breath)
- Pregnant women residing in clusters/containment area or in large migration gatherings/evacuees centre from hotspot districts presenting in labour or likely to deliver in next 5 days should be tested even if asymptomatic. (Asymptomatic pregnant women should be tested in the facilities where they were expected to deliver and all arrangements should be made to collect and transfer samples to testing facilities. Women should not be referred for lack of testing facility.)
- All symptomatic patients identified in:
- SARI clinics
- Fever clinics
- OPD in Hospitals (Govt. & registered Private)
- Only if there is a strong suspicion of COVID-19 in persons requiring elective surgery or surgery which can wait for 48 hours, doctor can ask for COVID-19 test. No emergency surgeries should be denied to the patient for want of COVID-19 test.
- For patients on regular haemodialysis, test for COVID-19 should not be asked as a routine before every procedure and only if there is a strong suspicion, the person requiring dialysis is afflicted with COVID-19, then COVID-19 test may be prescribed and such patients, both suspected and positive COVID-19, should be referred to dialysis facility for COVID-19 patients.
B. Testing guidelines for quarantined citizens:
The quarantined asymptomatic, direct and high risk contacts of confirmed case should be tested once between day 5 and 14 of coming in his/her contact.
C. Testing guidelines for admitted Positive Patients:
- Testing of mild/very mild /pre-symptomatic cases shall not be required before discharge, if there are no symptoms seen on 7th, 8th & 9th days consecutively.
- In case of moderate symptomatic patients, testing shall not be required if the patient recovered clinically.
- Testing is required once before discharge in cases of critical Patients and immune compromised patients when they have no symptoms for 3 days. However, the guidelines issued in this regard by Government of Maharashtra (reference No.6), are required to be followed very stringently.
For additions to COVID-19 Testing Policy announced by MCGM, please click here
COVID-19 Collection Centres in Mumbai
|Wadala||SRL Dr. Avinash Phadke Labs|
|Address:||Dosti Apartments, Shop No. 9, Neptune Building, Sheikh Misri Road, Nadkarni Park, Antop Hill, Mumbai - 400037|
|Timings:||Mon to Sat: 10:00 am to 03:00 pm | Sunday closed|
|Andheri (W)||SRL Dr. Avinash Phadke Labs|
|Address:||R.N.A Arcade, Shop No 55, 04th Cross Lane, Opp Oriental Bank, Lokhandwala Complex, Andheri West, Mumbai - 400053|
|Timings:||Mon to Sat: 10:00 am to 03:00 pm | Sunday closed|
|Mahalaxmi||SRL Dr. Avinash Phadke Labs|
|Address:||Shop No. 1/A, Ground Floor, Sagar Villa Building, 38 Bhulabai Desai Road, Mumbai - 400026|
|Timings:||Mon to Sat: 10:00 am to 03:00 pm | Sunday Closed|
|Bandra (East)||SRL Dr. Avinash Phadke Labs|
|Address:||Gurunanak Hospital, Opposite Hall Mark, Bandra East, Mumbai - 400051|
|Timings:||Mon to Sat: 10.00 am to 05.00 pm | Sunday closed|
The process to be followed for booking sample collection at our COVID-19 collection center
- STEP 1: Fill this form to register for a test at one of our sample collection locations
- STEP 2: You will receive a call from our representative to confirm your booking
- STEP 3: Make online payment for the test if you haven’t already. Payment Options
- STEP 4: Completely fill the Test Requisition Form (Click to fill the form) once your booking is confirmed
- STEP 5: Please be at the center at the given date and 10 minutes prior to the given time slot.
- STEP 6: Ensure you are carrying the mandatory documents with you (Prescription, Valid Photo ID). You need to submit the original copy of the prescription and photocopy of a Photo ID before sample collection. Please note sample will not be collected if hard copies of the documents are not presented.
- STEP 7: Please follow the instructions of our staff for sample collection.
- STEP 8: As per the directive from MCGM, if results are negative, online reports will be mailed to the patients directly on the registered email ID. However, in case of positive result, report will ONLY be shared with MCGM and MCGM will inform the patients. Please note the lab WILL NOT communicate positive results to patients directly. Please DO NOT visit our centers or labs for your reports.
COVID-19 Antibody Test
We are glad to inform you that SRL Dr. Avinash Phadke labs has started COVID Antibody testing.
Covid Antibody test is recommended for - (Immuno-compromised patients/ Individuals in containment zones /Health Care Workers/ Security personnel / Police and paramilitary personnel civil defense & volunteers Press corps / Rural, tribal population (after reverse migration) / Industrial workers or labour force/Farmers, vendors visiting large markets/Staff in municipal bodies/ Drivers / Banks, post, couriers, telecom offices / Shops /Air travel related staff /International operations/ Congregate settings/Prisons)
Please note: COVID Antibody is meant for Sero- surveillance and is not a diagnostic test.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO BE NOTED
a) Test code - COVIDTA
b) Sample type – Blood
c) Sample required – Serum
d) Container – Gel Vacutainer
e) Volume – 2 mL of blood
f) Method – ECLIA, Fully Automated, Roche Cobas Pro
Report Turn-Around Time: 24 Hours
MRP: Rs. 950/-
HOME VISIT AVAILABLE: Visit charge of Rs 100 would be applicable