Early Detection of Cancer – It’s not beyond us..
Cervical cancer kills 1 Indian every 7 mins
If you are between the ages of 18 -45, a regular Pap test is the best protection against cervical cancer.
As per the American Cancer Society guidelines for the prevention and early detection of cervical cancer.
- All women should begin cervical cancer screening at age 21.
- Women between the ages of 21 and 29 should have a Pap test every 3 years. They should not be tested for HPV unless it is needed after an abnormal Pap test result.
- Women between the ages of 30 and 65 should have both a Pap test and an HPV test every 5 years. This is the preferred approach, but it is also OK to have a Pap test alone every 3 years.
If you have the following symptoms
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Menstrual periods may be heavier and may last longer.
- Women in their menopause may experience bleeding
- Increased Vaginal discharge
- Pain in the pelvic area
Test required to be done
Pap smear – Above the age of 21.
HPV DNA + Pap smear – above the age of 40.
Price – Special rates for Screening for this camp
Pap smear – Rs 420
HPV DNA – Rs 2000
We are conducting special screening for Cervical and Prostate Cancer, if you want to get tested, please get yourself registered by calling on 02224469250 before 2nd Feb 2015.