HEART DISEASE AMONG WOMEN
There are several factors that causes women to develop cardiovascular disease but the major ones are low levels of oestrogen, changing lifestyles and other co-morbid conditions.
In the survey ‘Visualizing the extent of heart disease in Indian women, 54 % doctors reveals 16- 20 % rise in CVDs among women in the last 5 years.
65 % of the doctors also revealed that low levels of oestrogen is one of the main causes for younger women developing heart diseases. 81% of the doctors also revealed that working women are more prone to heart diseases.
The reason for women being on the rise for heart diseases: –
- Women don’t take care of their health and often overlook symptoms and discomfort related to heart diseases. Incase even if they opt for consultation; they discontinue the medicine as soon they get some symptomatic relief.
- Working women are more prone to heart disease since they need to juggle between home and work responsibilities therefore they are more likely to get exposed to stress and an unhealthy lifestyle.
- If they have metabolic disorders like diabetes, High Cholesterol, Blood pressure, Stress, Obesity, then the risk of developing heart disease also increases.
Signs of Women having a heart disease:-
- Uncomfortable pressure, squeezing, fullness or pain in the centre of your chest.
- Pain or discomfort in one or both arms, the back, neck, jaw or stomach.
- Shortness of breath with or without chest discomfort.
- Other signs may be cold sweat, nausea or lightheadedness.
3 important preventive measures:-
- Avoid stress: Best way to avoid stress is to have a proper physical and mental exercise. Yoga and meditation is the one you should try to avoid stress.
- Have healthy diet: Avoid saturated fats, include more vegetables and fruits in your diet.
- Avoid smoking: The best thing to do is to avoid smoking because tobacco causes the blood vessels to clog and decreases the blood flow.